新北市立新莊國中 108 學年度第 2 學期第 2 次段考 9 年級語文(英語)領域試題 第一部份、聽力測驗 (24%，每題 2 分)
I、 題號 1-5，選出一個與所聽到的敘述句相同意思的答案1. (A) Fanny walked four miles .
(B) She walked the first 1 mile.
(C) The bus stops near Fanny’s house.
(D) Fanny walks to school.
2. (A) Peter and Bob solved the problem together.
(B) Peter was surprised that Bob didn’t work on the problem.
(C) Peter quickly solved the problem for Bob.
(D) Bob’s speed(速度) of doing the problem surprised Peter.
3. (A) She likes ice cream best.
(B) She likes cake best.
(C) She likes ice cream better than cake.
(D) She likes both ice cream and cake.
4. (A) We invited them last night . (B) We plan to invite them.
(C) We finally decided to invite them.
(D) We’ll never invite them again.
5. (A) He had an accident two months ago.
(B) He couldn’t work for two months.
(C) He got hurt in an accident.
(D) He walked with a cane(拐杖) for 2 months.
6. (A) Yesterday. (B) 5 years ago.
(C) 10 years ago. (D) More than 5 years ago.
7. (A) In the theater. (B) In the library.
(C) In the snack bar. (D) In the railway station.
8. (A) The woman can catch the train.
(B) They will miss the train.
(C) There will be an accident.
(D) They will have to turn around.
9. (A) She attacked a classmate.
(B) She violated(違反) the school dress code(服裝規範).
(C) She caught a serious cold. (D) She broke school rules.
10. (A) At a quarter to one. (B) After one o’clock.
(C) Before one o’clock. (D) After the woman arrived.
11. (A) News report: Marcus Smart shot 15 people in one second (B) Social activities: 105 people from Boston went to New
York for a big game
(C) Sports news: A basketball game on Saturday night (D) Science: How people can jump high and shoot the ball 12. (A) Boston Celtics. (B) Los Angeles Lakers.
(C) New York Knicks. (D) Washington Wizards.
第二部份、綜合測驗 (76%，每題 2 分)
13. On January 3, 2020, an attack carried out by a US ______
killed Iran’s top commander(指揮官) Soleimani while he was planning to meet someone in an airport in Iraq.
(A) drone (B) trap (C) spaceship (D) microchip 14. To get even with the US, Iran’s leader Khamenei ordered an
attack on two US air _______ in Iraq on January 8, 2020, killing at least 80 American soldiers.
(A) bases (B) stations (C) drones (D) dens
15. Bodies lay on the ground beside motorcycles and cars as
chemical _____ rose from a chemical plant in South India in the early hours of Thursday morning on May 7th, 2020 . (A) air (B) gas (C) base (D) accident
16. I hate being laughed at in _______.
If you do that again, I’ll try my best to get even.
(A) case (B) public (C) fact (D) trouble
17. I’ll take this hand- made wooden comb. Could you gift-wrap it and have it ______ to the bride’s address?
(A) deliver (B) delivered (C) be delivered (D) to be delivered
18. The police are still working hard to look into the ______ of the forest fire. I think it started from somebody’s cigarette.
(A) row (B) base (C) cause (D) den
19. She has been voted Best Actress three years in a ______, which means she won the award(獎) three times one after another without a break.
(A) row (B) notice (C) base (D) time
20. Grace believes in God. She always says, “ _____ is impossible with people is possible with God.”
(A) It (B) That (C) Nothing (D) What
21. ________ the old buildings in the city have been knocked down and replaced(取代) with high rises.
(A) One on one (B) From time to time (C) One by one (D) One after one
22. I heard that there was a car accident near your house last night.
_______ any people hurt?
(A) Did (B) Had (C) Have (D) Were
23. When you read or write a poem, don’t forget to read it as a whole in order to enjoy its beauty and let the spirit(精神) of the poem ______ you.
(A) fill (B) be filled with (C) filled with (D) to fill 24. My family and I plan to visit Machu Picchu, the spot ____ call
one of the most beautiful places in the world.
(A) many (B) which (C) will (D) which will
25. Traveling is a lot of fun, but bad things can happen. Your important things or money can be stolen. So, __________
(A) be preparing. (B) to prepare well.
(C) be prepared. (D) to be well prepared.
26. It took the police much time _____ who set fire to Liu’s house.
(A) find out (B) finding out (C) found out (D) to find out 27. Hawaii Volcanoes National Park is one of the few places in the
world ______visitors can come face to face with an active volcano--- a truly unforgettable(難忘的) experience.
(A) where (B) which (C) many (D) that
By Angelina Jolie, Taiwan English News, 2020/04/26 12:55 TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — A fire that broke out Sunday morning (April 26) at a KTV bar on Linsen North Road __28__ five lives and hurt 50 people, including two who are now in a critical condition(情況危急) after being found OHCA(到院前心肺休止).
At 10:59 a.m. Sunday, a fire __29__ a 14-story building in which the karaoke bar is located. Several customers at the KTV were waving at the firefighters from their windows __30__
from the smoke and fire.
The fire was __31__ at around 11:30 am, according to the Taipei City Fire Department. 55 people, including seven
新北市立新莊國中 108 學年度第 2 學期第 2 次段考 9 年級語文(英語)領域試題
__32__ no signs of breathing, got hurt and have been sent to the hospital. Out of the seven OHCA people, five were not able to bring back to life while __33__ are still being treated in the ICU rooms(加護病房).
Including 包括 located 坐落(位於)的
28. (A) takes (B) which took (C) has taken (D) would take 29. (A) burnt through (B) hit down
(C) that burned up (D) burnt on
30. (A) after they were saved (B) before saving (C) after running out (D) before being saved
31. (A) put up (B) turned off (C) put out (D) put off 32. (A) who show (B) who had showed
(C) has showed (D) had showed 33. (A) all the others (B) another ones (C) other ones (D) the other two Hi Felix,
My younger sister has a question: Fred and Frank are on a run from A to B. Fred runs half the way and walks the other half.
Frank runs half the time, and walks the other half. The two run at the same speed and walk at the same speed. Who finishes first? __34__, but I don’t know how to explain it to my younger sister. Help!
----Steve Hi, Steve,
You're right. Since Fred and Frank run faster than they walk, __35__ than in the equal time that he walks. So, he covers more distance at a run than Fred does __36__.
While both are walking or both are running, they will cover equal distances. We can take out this distance from the total distance.
The rest of the distance is covered by Fred at a walk and by Frank at a run, so __37__.
Look at the chart below. Time runs up the chart. Fred runs (r) half the distance, and then walks (w), reaching B at the time marked Fred. Frank runs until the time marked "1/2 Frank," and then walks until he reaches B at the time marked Frank. __38__
time ^ |
Fred + w | w:
| w : | w : | w : | w : Frank + w w | Fred w w:
| w w : | w w : | w w : | w w : | w w : | w w Frank:
| w w : 1/2 +...w...r : Frank | w r : | w r : | r : | r : : | r : : | r : : | r : : | r : :
+---+---+--> distance A 1/2 distance B
explain解釋 speed速度 distance距離 r→run; w→walk
34. (A) I think Fred does (B) I think it’s Frank
(C) I don’t think there’s an answer (D) I think they arrive at the same time.
35. (A) Fred can go longer distance when he runs (B) We can be sure that Fred goes farther
(C) Frank runs half the distance during the time he runs (D) Frank will go farther in the time that he runs
36. (A) because Frank runs faster than walking
(B) since Fred covers more distance in running than in walking (C) because Fred runs as far as Frank
(D) since Fred covers equal distances running and walking 37. (A) Fred will finish first
(B) Frank will finish first
(C) we can’t tell who will finish first (D) there’s no answer
38. (A) Frank's time is less.
(B) They will finish at the same time.
(C) Frank uses more time.
(D) Fred will finish earlier.
I heard a bird sing In the dark of December.
A magical thing And sweet to remember.
"We are __39__ to Spring Than we were in September,”
I heard a bird sing In the dark of December.
---Oliver Herford (1863–1935)---
Did you enjoy listening for the rhyming words? And did you notice their pattern? Not like “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star,”
this poem rhymes in every other line. With a few simple words, the poet creates a beautiful picture. Just imagine this: on a cold winter night, a bird is singing a sweet melody to tell everyone that spring is coming. And this good news is just like magic.
It not only cheers the world but also warms people’s hearts on such a dark and cold night.
rhymes 押韻 poet 詩人 melody 旋律
39. Which word is the best for __39__?
(A) close (B) happier (C) singing (D) nearer
40. Which of the following means the same as every other line?
(A) every line (B) every two lines (C) all lines (D) either line
新北市立新莊國中 108 學年度第 2 學期第 2 次段考 9 年級語文(英語)領域試題
June 4, 2020
By Angelina Jolie
English is said to be a language with the most vocabulary words. According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the language comprises over 170,000 words. New words are created and added to English in several ways, such as
derivation, compounding, borrowing, blending, and clipping.
Derivation is the formation of new words by adding a prefix(字首) or a suffix(字尾) to a certain word. For example, when the prefix “un-“ is added to the adjective
“comfortable," it becomes a new adjective, “uncomfortable,”
meaning “not comfortable.” When the suffix “-ness” is added to the adjective “kind,” it becomes the noun “kindness.”
Compounding is the formation of a new word by joining two words. “Bedtime,” for example, is the mixing of “bed”
and “time” while “daydream” is the combination of “day” and
Borrowing is perhaps the most common way in which new words are made. In fact, a large number of words in modern English are borrowed from many other languages such as Latin, Greek, French, Japanese, and Chinese. Many words we ofen use in our daily life are in fact borrowed words. Take the word “beef” for example. It is borrowed from French.
“Tea,” borrowed from Chinese, “dinosaur” from Greek, and
“sushi” from Japanese are other examples of borrowed words.
Blending is the combination of two words. However, it is different from compounding. While compounds are a combination of two independent words, blends are that of two or more shortened words. A good example is “brunch,”
which is the combination of “breakfast” and “lunch.”
Clipping means cutting off the beginning or the end of a word, or both, leaving a part to stand for the whole. For example, “gym” is from “gymnasium”, “phone” is from
“telephone”, and “math” is from “mathematics.”
With these word formation ways, it can be sure that there will be new words invented every day. Maybe one day, by using one of these ways, we can invent a word for ourselves. combination結合 independent獨立的 formation形成
41. This reading mainly talks about ______.
(A) how the Oxford English Dictionary collects words (B) why English is a world language
(C) how to learn English words well (D) how some new English words are made
42. The word “comprises” here means the same as “_______.”
(A) uses (B) is made up of (C) writes (D) makes
43. The word “fridge” from “ refrigerator” is created by _______.
(A) clipping (B) blending (C) compounding (D) derivation 44. How many word formation ways are mentioned(提及) in
the reading? (A) Six. (B) Five. (C) Four. (D) Three.
45. Which of the following is NOT true?
(A) Compounding is different from blending.
(B) The creation of “uneasy” followed the rule of compounding.
(C) Camcorder (from camera and recorder) is a blend word.
(D) Words in English are borrowed from both Western and Eastern languages.
46. Which word is from compounding?
(A) Spork (from spoon and fork) (B) Flu (from influenza) (C) Inconvenient (from in- and convenient)
(D) Classmate (from class and mate)
Can you solve the following riddles? Look at the riddles below, and see how Kim and Jeff did.
Riddle Kim’s answer Jeff’s answer (1). What has been around for
millions of years, but is never more than a month old?
insect the moon
(2). What belongs to you, but other people use it more than you?
your name your internet
(3). What goes up but never comes down?
balloon age (4). What can go around the
world but stays in a corner?
airplane stamp (5). Poor people have it.
Rich people need it. If you eat it, you will die. What is it?
(6). What appears once in a minute, twice in a week, and once in a year?
the letter e nothing
(7). Where is the only place that today comes before yesterday?
outer space dictionary
(8).What has arms and legs, but no head?
47. How many answers did Kim get wrong?
(A) 5 (B) 1 (C) 7 (D) 3 48. Which is true?
(A) Jeff won the game.
(B) The game ended in a tie(平手).
(C) Neither Kim nor Jeff could solve Question 6.
(D) Kim did a better job than Jeff.
An elderly lady came into the church one Sunday morning, and a friendly usher greeted her and said, "Ma’am, where would you like to sit?" She said, "I would like to sit in the very front row." And he said, "Oh no, Ma’am, you don't want to do that.
Our pastor is very boring. He'll put you to sleep. Let me seat you somewhere else." She was appalled and said, "Sir, do you know who I am?" He said, "No." She said, "I am the pastor's mother." He hung his head in embarrassment and finally he looked up and said, "Ma’am, do you know who I am?" She said, "No." He said, "Thank God."
usher 接待員;引座員 pastor 牧師 embarrassment 尷尬 49. Which of the following has the closest meaning to the word “appalled” here?
(A) shocked (B) excited (C) sad (D) stressed 50. Which is NOT true about this reading?
(A) The old lady and the man don’t know each other.
(B) The man thinks the pastor is boring.
(C) The man is surprised that the woman doesn’t know him.
(D) The man feels relieved(放心的) in the end.
新北市立新莊國中108 學年度第 2 學期第 2 次段考 9 年級英語科聽力測驗原稿及解答 一、選出一個與所聽到的敘述句相同意思的答案
1. The bus that stops next to her house only goes half the way to the school, so Fanny must walk the last 2 miles.
2. Peter was amazed how quickly Bob worked out the problem.
3. Except for cake, there’s nothing Betty likes better than ice cream.
4. That is the last time we’ll ever invite the Lins to a party.
5. When Bob broke his leg in the accident, he couldn’t walk for two months.
6. Man: Doesn’t our wedding seem like only yesterday?
Woman: These 5 years feel more like 10 to me.
Question: When were they married?
7. M: Excuse me. Is this seat taken?
W: I don’t think so. That man has had his meal and left a few minutes ago.
Question: Where does the above conversation most likely happen?
8. Woman: The train is coming very fast!
Man: Don’t worry. I can stop at the crossing.
Question: What might happen if the man doesn’t stop?
9. Man: I heard Laura was thrown out of school, why?
Woman: She was caught cheating on the science test.
Question: What did Laura do?
10. Woman: I was at the gas station at one. How did I miss you?
Man: I got there at a quarter to one and waited for a while, but I guess I left before you got there.
Question: When did the man probably leave the gas station?
Marcus Smart’s 15 feet turn-around jump shot with one second left in the game gave the Boston Celtics a 105-104 winning over the New York Knicks Saturday night.
11. What can we learn about this radio report?
12. Which team won?
1~5: CDBDC 6~10: BCCDC 11~15: CAAAB 16~20:BBCAD 21~25:CDAAC 26~30:DACAD 31~35:CBDBD 36~40:DBADB 41~45:DBABB 46~50:DAAAC