《小王子》《The Little Prince》

29  Download (0)

Full text

(1)

《小王子》《 The Little Prince》

~ B612星球的秘密

(2)

《小王子》簡介

《 The Little Prince》Introduction

(3)

《小王子》(法語: Le Petit Prince;英語:

The Little Prince),是 法國貴族作家、詩人、飛行

員先驅安托萬‧德‧聖修伯里創作的最著名的小說,

發表於1943年。《小王子》曾當選為二十世紀法國 最佳圖書,是世界最暢銷

的圖書之一,被翻譯成250多種

語言和方言,全世界迄今已售出

兩億多冊,年銷售一百多萬冊。

(4)

自小說發布以來,《小王子》已經被廣泛改編 為錄音帶、舞台劇、

電視劇和芭蕾舞劇等

形式。在聖修伯里逝

世50周年時,法國人

將他與小王子的形象

印在50法國法郎的鈔

票上。

(5)

閱讀《小王子》

Reading《The Little Prince》

(6)

就在那個時候出現了一隻狐狸。

It was then that the fox appeared.

「早安!」狐狸說。

"Good morning," said the fox.

「早安!」小王子很有禮貌地回答。他回過頭來,但什麼 也沒有看到。

"Good morning," the little prince responded politely, although when he turned around he saw nothing.

「我在這裡。」那聲音說:「在蘋果樹底下。」

"I am right here," the voice said, "under the apple tree."

「你是誰啊?」小王子問:「你很好看……」

"Who are you?" asked the little prince, and added, "You are very pretty to look at."

(7)

「來跟我玩吧!」小王子向他建議道:「我很悲傷。」

"Come and play with me," proposed the little prince. "I am so unhappy."

狐狸說:「我不能跟你玩,我還沒被馴養。」

"I cannot play with you," the fox said. "I am not tamed."

「啊,對不起!」小王子說。

"Ah! Please excuse me," said the little prince.

但想了一會兒後,他接下去說:

But, after some thought, he added:

「什麼叫『馴養』?」

"What does that mean-- 'tame'?"

(8)

狐狸說:「你不是這裡的人。你在找什麼?」

"You do not live here," said the fox. "What is it that you are looking for?"

「我在找人。」小王子說:「什麼叫『馴養』?」

"I am looking for men," said the little prince. "What does that mean-- 'tame'?"

狐狸說:「那些人嗎,他們有槍,他們打獵,這很討厭。

"Men," said the fox. "They have guns, and they hunt. It is very disturbing. They also raise chickens.

但他們也養雞,這是他們唯一的好處。你在找雞嗎?」

These are their only interests. Are you looking for chickens?"

(9)

小王子說:「不,我在找朋友。什麼叫『馴養』?」

"No," said the little prince. "I am looking for friends. What does that mean-- 'tame'?“

「這是件被遺忘的事。」狐狸說:「馴養就是『建立關 係……』」

"It is an act too often neglected," said the fox. It means to establishties."

「建立關係?」

"'To establishties?"

(10)

狐狸說:「不錯。對我來說,你只不過是個小孩,跟其他 成千成萬的小孩沒有分別,

"Just that," said the fox. "To me, you are still nothing more than a little boy who is just like a hundred thousand other little boys.

我不需要你,你也一樣不需要我。我對於你也只不過是一 隻狐狸,跟成千成萬其他的狐狸一模一樣。

And I have no need of you. And you, on your part, have no need of me. To you, I am nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes.

(11)

但是,假如你馴養我,我們就彼此互相需要。你對於我將 是世界上唯一的,我對於你也將是世界上唯一的……」

But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me,

you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world...“

「我開始懂了。」小王子說:「有一朵花……我相信她馴 養了我……」

"I am beginning to understand," said the little prince. "There is a flower... I think that she has tamed me..."

(12)

狐狸說:「這是可能的。在地球上我們看到各種各樣的東 西……」

"It is possible," said the fox. "On the Earth one sees all sorts of things."

「哦!她不在地球上。」小王子說。

"Oh, but this is not on the Earth!" said the little prince.

狐狸顯得困惑,並且非常好奇。

The fox seemed perplexed, and very curious.

(13)

「在另外一顆星球上面?」

"On another planet?"

「沒錯。」

"Yes.“

「那個星球上有獵人嗎?」

"Are there hunters on this planet?"

「沒有。」

"No."

「啊,那很有趣!有雞嗎?」

"Ah, that is interesting! Are there chickens?"

「沒有。」

"No."

「天下沒有十全十美的東西。」狐狸嘆道。

(14)

但是狐狸又回到原來的話題:

But he came back to his idea.

「我的生活很單調。我獵取雞,獵人獵取我。所有的雞都 是一樣的,所有的人也是一樣。

"My life is very monotonous," the fox said. "I hunt chickens;

men hunt me. All the chickens are just alike, and all the men are just alike.

於是我感到有些不耐煩。但是,假如你馴養我,我的生活 將如充滿了陽光般。

And, in consequence, I am a little bored. But if you tame me, it will be as if the sun came to shine on my life.

(15)

我將認識一種腳步聲,它將與其他所有的腳步聲不同。其 他的腳步聲使我更深地躲進洞裡,你的腳步聲像音樂一樣 把我從洞裡叫出來。

I shall know the sound of a step that will be different from all the others. Other steps send me hurrying back underneath the ground. Yours will call me, like music, out of my burrow.

再說,看吧,你看見那邊的麥田嗎?我並不吃麵包,麥子 對我一樣也沒有用處。那些麥田並不會使我想起什麼。這 倒有點傷心。

And then look: you see the grain-fields down yonder? I do not ea t bread. Wheat is of no use to me. The wheat fields have nothing to say to me. And that is sad.

(16)

但是你有金色的頭髮。於是當你馴養了我,這將是很好的 一件事!那些金色的黃小麥,將使我想起你。而我將喜歡 聽吹過麥田的風聲……」

But you have hair that is the color of gold. Think how

wonderful that will be when you have tamed me! The grain, which is also golden, will bring me back the thought of you.

And I shall love to listen to the wind in the wheat...“

狐狸盯著小王子注視了很久。

The fox gazed at the little prince, for a long time

「請你--馴養我吧!」牠說

"Please-- tame me!" he said.

(17)

「我很願意。」小王子回答說:「但是我的時間不太多,

我要找朋友,我有很多的事要認識。」

"I want to, very much," the little prince replied. "But I have not much time. I have friends to discover, and a great many things to understand."

「一個人只要認識他馴養的東西就好。」狐狸說:「很多

人不再有時間去認識東西。他們在商人那裡買現成的東西。

"One only understands the things that one tames," said the fox. "Men have no more time to understand anything. They buy things all ready made at the shops.

但是因為商人並不賣朋友,所以很多人沒有朋友。假如你 想得到一位朋友,那麼就馴養我吧!」

But there is no shop anywhere where one can buy friendship, and so men have no friends any more . If you want a friend, tame me..."

(18)

「我該怎麼做?」小王子問。

"What must I do, to tame you?" asked the little prince.

狐狸回答說:「你該很有耐心。你先坐在離我不遠的地方

--像這樣--坐在草地上。

"You must be very patient," replied the fox. "First you will sit down at a little distance from me-- like that-- in the grass.

我會用眼角看你,而你將不發一語。語言是誤會的泉源。

但是,你會每天都坐得更靠近我一點……」

I shall look at you out of the corner of my eye, and you will say nothing. Words are the source of misunderstandings. But yo u will sit a little closer to me, every day..."

(19)

第二天小王子又來了。

The next day the little prince came back.

狐狸對他說:「最好請你同一時間來。比方說,假如你下 午四點鐘來,從三點鐘開始我覺得幸福。時間愈接近,我 愈覺得幸福。

"It would have been better to come back at the same hour,"

said the fox. "If, for example, you come at four o'clock in the afternoon, then at three o'clock I shall begin to be happy. I shall feel happier and happier as the hour advances.

四點鐘一到,我早已坐立不安!我將發覺幸福的代價!但 是如果你不管什麼時候來,我將不曉得什麼時候做好迎接 你的心理準備……一個人須遵守恰當的儀式。」

At four o'cloc k, I shall already be worrying and jumping about.

I shall show you how happy I am! But if you come at just any time, I shall never know at what hour my heart is to be ready

(20)

「什麼儀式?」小王子問。

"What is a rite?" asked the little prince.

「那也是一件被人忘得一乾二淨的事。」小狐狸說。

"Those also are actions too often neglected," said the fox.

「這就是說有個日子跟其他的日子不同,有個小時跟其他 的鐘點不同。比方說,我的獵人們有個節日。每個禮拜四 他們和村裡的姑娘們去跳舞。於是禮拜四是個佳節!我可 以一直散步到葡萄園去。假如獵人們不管什麼時候都跳舞,

所有的日子將是一樣,而我也將沒有假期了。」

"They are what make one day different from other days, one hour from other hours. There is a rite, for example, among my hunters. Every Thursday they dance with the village girls. So Thursday is a wonderful day for me! I can take a walk as far as the vineyards. But if the hunters danced at just any time,

every day would be like every other day, and I should never

(21)

就這樣小王子馴養了那隻狐狸。當分離的時刻接近時:

So the little prince tamed the fox. And when the hour of his departure drew near--

「啊!我想哭。」狐狸說。

"Ah," said the fox, "I shall cry."

「這是你的錯。」小王子說:「我並不希望你難過,是你要我 馴養你的。」

"It is your own fault," said the little prince. "I never wished you any sort of harm; but you wanted me to tame you..."

「不錯。」狐狸說。

"Yes, that is so," said the fox.

「但是你想哭。」小王子說。

"But now you are going to cry!" said the little prince.

「不錯。」狐狸說。

(22)

「這樣說來,你一點好處也沒有得到!」

"Then it has done you no good at all!"

「我得到了。」狐狸說:「因為那些小麥的顏色。」

"It has done me good," said the fox, "because of the color of the wheat fields.“

然後牠加上去說:

And then he added:

「你再去看看那些玫瑰花。你將知道你的玫瑰花是世界上 唯一的。你再回來向我道別,我將告訴你一個祕密,作為 臨別贈言。」

"Go and look again at the roses. You will understand now that yours is unique in all the world. Then come back to say

(23)

小王子跑去看些玫瑰花。

The little prince went away, to look again at the roses.

「妳們一點也不像我那朵玫瑰花,」他說。

"You are not at all like my rose," he said.

「妳們什麼也不是。沒有人馴養妳們而妳們也沒有馴養過 任何人。妳們就像以前我那隻狐狸,當時牠只不過像其他 成千成萬的狐狸一樣。但是我們成了朋友,現在牠對於我 是世界唯一的了。」

"As yet you are nothing. No one has tamed you, and you have tamed no one. You are like my fox when I first knew him. He was only a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But I have made him my friend, and now he is unique in all the world."

那些玫瑰花很難過。

(24)

他又對她們說:「妳們都很美麗,但是妳們都很空虛,沒 有人會為妳們死。當然了,我的玫瑰花,一位平常的路人 會相信她跟妳們一模一樣。但是她一朵花對我比妳們全部 都重要:」

"You are beautiful, but you are empty," he went on. "One

could not die for you. To be sure, an ordinary passerby would think that my rose looked just like you-- the rose that belongs to me. But in herself alone she is more important than all the hundreds of you other roses:

(25)

因為我澆的是她;因為把她放在玻璃罩下的是我;因為我 給她一個屏風擋風;因為我為了她殺死許多蛹

because it is she that I have watered; because it is she that I have put under the glass globe; because it is she that I have sheltered behind the screen; because it is for her that I have killed the caterpillars

(只剩下兩三隻留作蝴蝶);因為我聽過她抱怨,我聽過 她吹牛;甚至於有些時候,我看她默不作聲;因為她是我 的玫瑰花。

(except the two or three that we saved to become butterflies);

because it is she that I have listened to, when she grumbled, or boasted, or ever sometimes when she said nothing.

(26)

於是他又重新回到狐狸那裡。

And he went back to meet the fox.

「再見!」他說。

"Goodbye," he said.

「再見!」狐狸說:「這就是我的祕密。它很簡單:只有 用心靈,一個人才能看得很清楚。真正的東西不是用眼睛 可以看得到的。」

"Goodbye," said the fox. "And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;

what is essential is invisible to the eye."

「真正的東西不是用眼睛可以看得到的。」

"What is essential is invisible to the eye,"

小王子重複的說,以便牢牢記在心裡。

the little prince repeated, so that he would be sure to

(27)

「你為你的玫瑰花所花費的時間使你的玫瑰花變得那麼重 要。」

"It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important."

「我為我的玫瑰花所花費的時間……」小王子重覆的 說,以便牢牢記在心裡。

"It is the time I have wasted for my rose--" said the little prince, so that he would be sure to remember.

狐狸說:「一般人忘記了這個真理。但是你不應該把 它忘掉。你永遠對你所馴養的負責,你對你的玫瑰花有責 任……」

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you

(28)

「我對我的玫瑰花有責任…… 」

"I am responsible for my rose,"

小王子重複地說,以便牢牢記在心裡。

the little prince repeated, so that he would be sure to remember.

(29)

想想《小王子》

Think of《The Little Prince》

Figure

Updating...

References

Related subjects :