龍騰學測字彙王 UNIT 46
1. Kentucky Fried Chicken is one of the pioneers in the field of fast-food business.
That is why they have fast food restaurants all over the world.
2. Janet praised her husband for the tremendous support he had given her. He even sold his car to support her new business
範圍：課本 L6,8。4500 單字；U37-38。句型；U8-9。雜誌 All+十月
1. Every year, millions of tourists visit Thailand in hopes of snapping a photo on the back of an elephant. It may even be one of the __(1)__ of their trip. __(2)__, a very dark side to this tourist attraction exists.
第 21 至 30 題為題組
The 1918 influenza epidemic, which occurred during World War I, was one of the most devastating health crises of the 20th century. Between September 1918 and June 1919, more than 600,000 Americans died of influenza and pneumonia, making the epidemic far more 21 than the war itself. The influenza hit Americans in two waves. The first wave attacked the army camps and was less fatal than the second. The second wave arrived in the port city of Boston in September 1918 with war 22 of machinery and supplies. Other wartime events enabled the disease to 23 the country quickly. As men across the nation were joining the 24 to serve the country, they brought the virus with them everywhere they went. In October 1918 alone, the virus killed almost 200,000. In the following month, the end of World War I resulted in an even 25 spread of the disease. The celebration of the end of the war with parades and parties was a complete disaster from the standpoint of public health. This 26 the spread of the disease in some cities. The flu that winter was destructive beyond imagination as millions were 27 and thousands died. In fact, it caused many more deaths than any of the other epidemics which had 28 it.
二、綜合測驗(共 0 分,每題 0 分)
1. Jack Kilby grew up in Great Bend, Kansas. He __1__ degrees in electrical engineering from the Universities of Illinois and Wisconsin. In 1958, he joined Texas
Instruments (TI) in Dallas. The company __2__ him to work on the most important problem in electronics, known then as “the interconnections problem” or “the wiring problem.” At the time, engineers around the world were trying to find a __3__. However, Jack Kilby had an idea and by the summer of 1958, he had built the first electronic circuit. His invention __4__
二、文意選填(2 小題，每題 0 分，共 0 分)
9. (A) however (B) controlled (C) policy (D) established (E) in fact 作答時無需考慮大小寫
Do you know much about the country of Pakistan? Pakistan used to be a part of India. India was __①__ by England for over 150 years. Pakistan was first __ ②__ when the British left India.
一、課文綜合測驗(共 0 分,每題 0 分)
1. It was 1949, the first time I came to America in order to take refuge from the war in Greece. My mother had been imprisoned and then executed by the guerillas for __1__ me out. I had always been trying to put those memories behind; __2__, Miss Hurd, my English teacher in junior high and then my lifelong mentor, made me write about what had happened to my family.