2 UUnniitt 11 •• PPaarrtt AA
Unit 1 Unit 1 - Welcome back! We missed you!
Complete the conversations
Fill in the blanks
Ho ow w d do o yyo ou u ffe ee ell w wh he en n...??
A: Welcome back! __________________!
B : Thanks, ________________________.
A: How was _______________________?
B : It was ________. _________________.
I feel ________ when I am sick. I feel ________ when I buy a lot of souvenirs.
I feel ________ when I eat a lot of good food.
I feel ________ when I go hiking in the mountains.
I feel ________ when I go to Disneyland.
I feel ________ when I lose my passport.
I feel ________ when I take a nap on the beach.
I feel ________ when I finish my homework.
A: ______________! We ________ you!
B : ________, I ________ you, ______.
B : ____________. __________________.
B : _______________________________.
B : ____________. __________________.
awesome great excellent terrible
relaxed awful happy glad
P Paarrtt AA
Welcome back! We missed you!
Write about yourself
Change the sentences
Ch ha an ng ge e tth he e sse en ntte en ncce ess iin ntto o tth he e p pa asstt tte en nsse e..
Usse e w wo orrd dss lliikke e yye esstte errd da ayy a an nd d lla asstt w we ee ekk..
Have you ever gone on vacation? Where did you go? How was it? Do you want to go back again?
Why or why not?
1. Tomorrow I am going to climb Mount Fuji.
2. I am taking a nap on the beach now.
3. I buy a lot of souvenirs when I go on vacation.
(Yes/No), I went to ________
It was __________________
(Yes/No), I _______________
Circle the words and write the sentences
1. P l o g H o w l i t t l e w a s G e r l a n d I r e l a n d J e l o d ?
2. I t l s w a s h g r e a t . d I s t o o k s a d l o t d o f f p i c t u r e s l s . _________________________________________________________
3. W e d W e l c o m e k s l b a c k ! L s W e s m i s s e d u p y o u ! _________________________________________________________
4 UUnniitt 11 •• PPaarrtt BB
Unit 1 Unit 1
Find the words and fill in the blanks
d e f u l q a x i c o y m i c z a p
l o b t b a s h w t l w u t a
a j a k
z e m o t o r c y c l e c
p h a r m r v o n z z o a
a o b n
g u m z t r a v e l e r n h n l i o
b j c i z f g i k d d e d q d e a f
j o o b w
h s a
o s y b i m n e
e e o x h v m b y q u l
n w c k e
l u t k i t k u o u g e m k n l r n
l s z c f h e c s p t m a y l e g s
y c z r
m n m d i h w k m a r w o
n g o r u i w b b c a e o u k l b
b k i u u k l g u z a i r d v y u p
e w a t i i g a i v p t a u n a o a
a q f f k d o p l q p e p n m n f
n v b z z p e d
y w r i a q i z x
s n o m u l d v d b c e h b
s y u
t a w r u e s s a o y d m e o u k a
1. I want something good to eat. What do you suggest?
Answer the question
1. I recommend a Honda. It is a fast _____________.
2. Who could suggest a good jazz CD? A _____________ could suggest a good jazz CD.
3. "I suggest Hawaii," said the _____________.
4. A _____________ can make chocolate.
5. The video store ___________ recommended Spiderman. 6. A _____________ suggests food at a restaurant.
7. Our tour ___________ said the museum was neat.
8. I want some tasty candy. What do you suggest? I suggest ____________.
P Paarrtt BB
I suggest hiking up the rock of Gibraltar.
Read and answer the questions
A: I want a good jazz CD. What do you recommend?
A: She wants a good book. What do you recommend?
Prre ette en nd d yyo ou u a arre e p pe errsso on n B B iin n tth he e p piiccttu urre ess a an nd d g giivve e ssu ug gg ge essttiio on nss a
acccco orrd diin ng g tto o yyo ou urr ffa avvo orriitte e b bo oo okk,, m mo ovviie e,, e ettcc...
A: I want some tasty candy. What do you suggest?
A: They want an exciting movie. What do you suggest?
Asking for Suggestions
I went to a restaurant that I had never been to on Saturday. I didn't k n o w w h a t t o o r d e r , b u t t h e waitress suggested potato soup.
She said it was great, but I thought it was awful. I didn't enjoy the new restaurant. After that, I went to the video store near my house. I asked the video store clerk to recommend a good movie. He suggested a movie about a lot of dogs. I haven't watched it, but I hope it is good.
1. Where did she go on Saturday?
2. What did the waitress suggest?
3. Was it delicious?
4. What did the video store clerk suggest?
A: He wants a fast motorcycle. What do you recommend?
A: I want to see something neat.
What do you suggest?