1. 考試時間：90 分鐘。
4. 單選題共 25 題。
單 選 題 ， 共 25 題 ， 每 題 4 分
一、字 彙 題 : 第 1 至 10 題，每 題 有 四 個 選 項，請 選 擇 最 適 當 的 一 個 選 項 ， 並 將 代 表 字 母 填 入 答 案 卷 中 。
1. Tran has a hard time making himself do his h omework. He just isn’t _________.
(A) acted (B) filled (C) motivated (D) offered
2. Kate has set two major ______ for the future; to go to college and to become a doctor.
(A) goals (B) lessons (C) manners (D) sheets
3. Harry Potter books are about ima ginary people, places, and events.
They are works of ______.
(A) document (B) fiction (C) nonfiction (D) poem
4. John bought the newest, most powerful computer available. It is the most ________ computer you can buy.
(A) advanced (B) energetic (C) insightful (D) witty
5. Dragon Boat Festival is a ________ holiday in Taiwan.
(A) delicious (B) faithful (C) political (D) traditional
6. Twins have a strong ________ between themselves so they can tell each other ’s mind.
(A) branch (B) connection (C) guarantee (D) privacy
7. ________learn about life, love and happiness from serving others without getting any payment.
(A) Applicants (B) Magicians (C) Masters (D) Volunteers
8. More and more people do not ________ newspapers but read them on line.
(A) e mploy (B) facilitate (C) subscribe (D) withdraw
9. It is reported that brown rice contains more nutrients ________ to white rice.
(A) compared (B) delivered (C) expanded (D) forwarded
10. If you want to return what you bought at the supermarket, you will need the ________ .
(A) printout (B) text (C) ticket (D) receipt
二、綜 合 測 驗 : 第 11-20 題，每 題 有 四 個 選 項，請 依 各 段 文 意 選 出 最 適 當 的 一 個 選 項 ， 並 將 代 表 字 母 填 入 答 案 卷 中 。
I think my grandmother, Nancy, is the most active old person in the world. Many people say that their grandmother s can be very quiet and inactive . Most of the time , they only watch television or do
nothing. (11 ) , my grandmother is very talka tive and outgoing. If there was a talk show competition , I a m sure tha t my grandmother would even (12) the TV host. My grandmother is a full -time housewife; she spen ds all her time at home. If there is nothing to do, my grandmother can spend all day watching comed ies and learn funny stuff from there. We all like to listen to her speech because all her funny lines can make everyone burst (1 3) laugh ter. (1 4 ) she is eighty-nine years old, her body is still flexib le enough to do some actions such as shaking bod y and playing booty dance . It is really a musing when an old lady act s weird in front of a group of young
people. If you have a chance to me et my grandmother, I a m sure that you would agree (1 5) me about her restless personality.
11. (A) Besides
(B) Furthermore (C) However (D) Moreover
12. (A) accompany (B) beat
(C) compete (D) lose
13. (A) about (B) within (C) to (D) into
14. (A) Even (B) Even as (C) Even if
(D) Even though
15. (A) for (B) with (C) on (D) in
You are going to take a test. Are you nervous? Most teachers agree that it is nor mal to feel some nervousness or tension before a test. (16) , you usually perform better when you are a little nervous, because you try harder. (1 7) feeling nervous is a
healthy and natural part of test taking. Nonetheless , it is not healthy to feel so nervous that you go (1 8) when you read the
questions. It is (1 9) not normal to feel physically ill —to worry so much that you feel sick or dizzy. If you are this nervous, you are suffering (20) test anxiety.
16.(A) In advance (B) In conclusion (C) In fact (D) In general
17. (A) But
(B) Therefore (C) For
18. (A) blank (B) abroad (C) over (D) straight
19. (A) also (B) barely
(C) hereafter (D) somehow
20. (A) at (B) by (C) off (D) from
三 、 閱 讀 測 驗 ： 第 21 至 25 題 ， 每 題 有 四 個 選 項 ， 請 依 題 意 選 出 最 適 當 的 一 個 選 項 ， 並 將 代 表 字 母 填 入 答 案 卷 中 。
John Flynn was born in Australia in 1880. His father was a school teacher. John studies hard and in 1911 he left the city of Melbourne and went to work in South Australia for the Presbyterian Church. The church wanted to help the sheep farmer s who lived in the outback - the countryside area many kilometers from towns and cities. They built a number of small hospitals and found nurses to work in them. But at that time, there were only two doctors in all of South Australia.
One story Flynn often told was of Jimmy Darc y. One day, Ji mmy had an accident on his farm, so frien ds took him to see F.W. Tuckett who worked at the post office at Halls Creek. It was a journey of 22 km. Tuckett was the only person in the area who knew anything about medicine. He tried to help , but Jimmy was too ill. Tuckett finally talked by r adio to a doctor in P erth, a city 1500 k m awa y. The doctor spent ten days to arrive. He travelled by car, by horse and on foot and when he arrived, he found that Jimmy was already dead.
Flynn saw t hat planes could really help people in the outback.
He wrote about his idea for a “Fl ying Doctor ” in 1917 but it was not until 1928 that one actually took off. By the 1930s there was a
Flying Doctor plane in every part of A ustralia.
21. What were the problems in South Australia?
(A) The nurse s were not very good.
(B) There were no hospitals.
(C) There were not enough doctors.
(D) There were not enough farmers.
22. Wh y did Jimmy a nd his friends go to see F.W. Tuckett?
(A) He worked at a post office.
(B) He helped sick people.
(C) He was a doctor.
(D) He was a nurse.
23. What did F.W. Tuckett decide to do?
(A) To give Jimmy some medicine.
(B) To go with Jimmy to the city.
(C) To use a radio to get help for Jimmy.
(D) To go to the post office.
24. What do we know about the doctor from Perth?
(A)He travelled too slowly to save Jimmy.
(B)He had problems with his car.
(C)He did not know the way to Halls Creek.
(D)He did not know how to ride a ho rse.
25. In which year did t he first Flying Doctor plane fly?
(A) 1911 (B) 1917 (C) 1928 (D) 1930