當形容詞用的過去分詞 pp. 有被動、已經、感到……的意思。
*我不會照顧正在哭的嬰兒。 I can’t take care of a crying baby. 主動正在哭的 我父親是一位退休的將軍。My father is a retired general. 已經退休的 這是一項令人振奮的消息。This is a piece of exciting news. 令人振奮的 激動的暴民縱火燒大樓。 The excited mob set fire to the building. 感到激動的 口語英文比較難。 Spoken English is more difficult 被說的
Chorus 2: Meanwhile, on Earth, three nymphs are in a meadow.
Nymph 1: What a beautiful day for picking flowers!
Nymph 2: It’s awesome!
Echo: (Speaking very quickly) Well, the weather report showed a cold front moving in. Soon there will be clouds and pretty heavy winds. Maybe even some rain. I really don’t mind the rain, though. It does help these beautiful flowers grow. And I love flowers. I think my favorite is the violet. However, I’m also quite fond of the evening primrose.
○ 1 a _____________ of misfortune 一次不幸 ○ 3 a _____________ of delight 喜悅感
○ 2 a _____________ of elephants 一群大象 ○ 4 the _____________ of my heart 心跳聲 Extra Reading Conquering Stage Fright
Public speaking is said to be the biggest fear reported by many American adults, topping flying, financial ruin, sickness, and even death.
○ 2 用法：動名詞可當主詞(例 1)、動詞/介系詞的受詞(例 2-3)、主詞補語(例 4)。
例 1: Consuming too much greasy food is harmful to your health.
例 2: After he finished doing the domestic chores, he went out to do some shopping.
例 3: The clown is good at making people laugh, especially children.
2. 在否定句時可變化成這兩種句型：○ 1 It be not until…that-clause 強調句 ○ 2 Not until…+ aux/be + S + VR/adj 倒裝句 (否定副詞移至句首)
例 1: She didn’t come home until midnight. (原句) 例 2: Not until midnight did she come home. (倒裝句)
22. defy odds phr. 對抗困難 23. goofy adj. 傻的、逗趣的 24. elated adj. 興高采烈的
When Bopsy was 25 wheeled downstairs, he was met by the members of Fire Station 1 and their truck — renamed “B1” for “Bopsy 1.” The firefighters then took the ladder and raised it as high as it would go. One of them climbed to the top.
1. Whoever still having questions can ask your teacher in private.
2. The teacher will give a special gift to whomever can answer this difficult question.
3. Mary cannot forgive and forget whoever have laughed at her.