當形容詞用的過去分詞 pp. 有被動、已經、感到……的意思。
*我不會照顧正在哭的嬰兒。 I can’t take care of a crying baby. 主動正在哭的 我父親是一位退休的將軍。My father is a retired general. 已經退休的 這是一項令人振奮的消息。This is a piece of exciting news. 令人振奮的 激動的暴民縱火燒大樓。 The excited mob set fire to the building. 感到激動的 口語英文比較難。 Spoken English is more difficult 被說的
3 switched up and sometimes completely 4 mangled. On occasion, Bopsy is renamed “Billy.” But the decades-long 5 game of telephone hasn’t erased one 6 indisputable fact — Bopsy’s story is worth telling.
Now, 32 years after Bopsy lost his life to 7 leukemia, The Huffington Post spoke to his mother, the fireman he 8 idolized, and the man who made him the 9 Make-A-Wish Foundation’s first- ever “wish kid.” This is the real story of Bopsy.
1. Whoever still having questions can ask your teacher in private.
2. The teacher will give a special gift to whomever can answer this difficult question.
3. Mary cannot forgive and forget whoever have laughed at her.
○ 2 Despite living in different countries, the two families have ___________ close links.
○ 3 Security during the president's visit must be ___________ at all costs.
○ 4 The bank will ___________ open during the national lockdown.
○ 5 We have to invest in new technology if we are to ___________ competitive.
○ 1 a _____________ of misfortune 一次不幸 ○ 3 a _____________ of delight 喜悅感
○ 2 a _____________ of elephants 一群大象 ○ 4 the _____________ of my heart 心跳聲 Extra Reading Conquering Stage Fright
Public speaking is said to be the biggest fear reported by many American adults, topping flying, financial ruin, sickness, and even death.
○ 2 用法：動名詞可當主詞(例 1)、動詞/介系詞的受詞(例 2-3)、主詞補語(例 4)。
例 1: Consuming too much greasy food is harmful to your health.
例 2: After he finished doing the domestic chores, he went out to do some shopping.
例 3: The clown is good at making people laugh, especially children.